Reconciliation News explores the growing calls for a process of truth telling in Australia; a process where, for the first time, all Australians might collectively face and acknowledge the horrifying brutality of modern Australia’s history.
In this edition, you’ll read about:
- The extraordinary work of one of the 2018 Indigenous Governance Awards winners, south-east Queensland’s Institute for Urban Indigenous Health (IUIH)
- Reconciliation Australia’s Co-Chair, Dr Tom Calma AO, who shares his thoughts about how individual universities are now opening up to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholars
- RAP Partner, Dreamworld Corroboree, which recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures through reconciliation and inclusion in its mainstream business and employment protocols and practices
- Reconciliation Australia’s Narragunnawali program and the great success of Middle Park Primary school through its strong connections with its local Boonwurrung community
- 2019 Young Australian of the Year, Yolngu man and rapper, Danzal Baker, better known as Baker Boy, about his life, his music, and his desire for all Australians to better understand our history.
May 2019 Reconciliation News File size: 8 MB