Reconciliation Australia is looking for an organised, enthusiastic person to collaborate closely with new and existing RAP partners to ensure organisations are prepared for success in the early stages of their RAP journey.
- Location: Sydney or Canberra
- Annual salary: $70,000 – $75,000
- Full-time plus flexible working
- Application closes: Friday 11 August
As a member of the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) team you will collaborate closely with new and existing RAP partners to ensure organisations are prepared for success in the early stages of their RAP journey. The role supports the efficient and effective development of Reflect and Innovate RAPs and will contribute to internal projects within the organisation, refining the outcome and impact of the RAP Program
- High level of understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and issues, and demonstrated ability to engage key Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders in the work of Reconciliation Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and build productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including government, corporate, small to medium businesses, sport, education and not-for-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management and organisational skills to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present in public forums.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills demonstrated by experience in a customer service or similar role.
- Consulting or professional experience working within the corporate, government, education and not-for-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with one or more of the following topics relevant to the development and implementation of Reconciliation Action Plans: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, training and retention strategies; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander procurement; and employee engagement including cultural competency.
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, national, not-for-profit organisation promoting and facilitating reconciliation by building relationships, respect and trust between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Salary and other details
The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $75,000 + Superannuation, dependent on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please download the RAP Program Officer Position Description.
Email [email protected] your:
- Covering Letter addressing:
- the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description;
- preferred location (Sydney or Canberra); and
- Quoting ref: Officer, RAP
- Completed RA Cover Sheet.
We are committed to improving employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcome applications from all Australians, especially those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent as your cultural and lived experience is central to the work we do.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.