Senior Communications Officer
Reconciliation Australia is expanding our Communications team
Entry level, mid-level and senior positions are available now in our hard-working and amazing Communications and Engagement team. The positions can be based in either Sydney or Canberra.
We’re interested in talking to people with varying levels and types of Comms experience, and with a good understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander issues and cultures, and the passion to work in our national not-for-profit organisation.
Some of the experience we are looking for across the positions include:
- Media liaison and management
- internal teams comms management
- Video and image content production
- Front line enquiries management
- Website content management
- CRM experience
Senior Communications officer
- $70 – $85,000 per annum plus superannuation
- Full-time fixed contract until 30 June 2023
- Canberra or Sydney
The Senior Communications Officer – Media and Engagement makes a significant contribution to Reconciliation Australia’s communications activities. This position will develop and manage execution of communications strategies, media liaison, stakeholder engagement, and building strong relationships with key stakeholders within and outside the organisation.
Key Duties include:
- Develop key messaging and strategic communications plans
- Coordinate and provide responses to media enquiries, as needed including liaising with media and senior Reconciliation Australia spokespeople
- Actively engage networks to promote stories and events relevant to Reconciliation Australia, including liaison with local and national media.
- Provide reporting and analysis as requested or needed
- Efficiently and accurately respond to, or direct email and phone enquiries from media, stakeholders, and the wider public.
- Ensure that all published content meets Reconciliation Australia’s standard and governance/policy guidelines.
About Reconciliation Australia
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that promotes reconciliation between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Reconciliation Australia will provide you with a unique experience working in the not-for-profit sector and liaising closely with individuals, senior executives and working groups from a range of other sectors.
You will play a key role in working within the Communications and Engagement team, alongside other units within the organisation.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.
To apply for the Senior Communications Officer position, please email:
- your CV
- a no longer than two-page cover letter outlining your experience and broadly addressing selection criteria
- a Reconciliation Australia Application Cover Sheet
Applications close Wednesday 23 June 2021 5pm
All enquiries are welcome. Please contact email@example.com or 0458 722 608 with any questions.