Reconciliation Australia is looking for a Senior Manager to play a leading role in a new program in the critical and emerging area of truth–telling.
- Sydney based
- Annual salary: $125,000 – $135,000 per annum + Superannuation
- Flexible Working Environment
- Closing Date– 15th July
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, national, not-for-profit organisation promoting and facilitating reconciliation by building relationships, respect and trust between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
We provide a genuinely flexible working environment, additional leave provisions and a supportive close-knit team with offices in Canberra and Sydney.
Play a leading role in a new program in the critical and emerging area of truth-telling. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced research and development manager.
This position will manage the Community Truth-telling Program, which includes research and resource development, community engagement, and a grants program. Reporting to the General Manager of Policy, Research and Government Affairs, the role has three direct reports, and leads a team of nine staff, including two managers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide high level strategic advice, build an effective program team, and lead the development of an operational plan to deliver on program objectives.
- Lead the development of an effective program cycle and processes which include risk management and MEL framework aligned to funder requirements and Reconciliation Australia policy.
- Maintain relationships with high-profile Indigenous leaders and stakeholders, the funding body, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community organisations and other local organisations.
- Lead the development of appropriate policies and processes to support the delivery of the Community Truth-telling Program.
- High level ability to develop and manage complex programs, including the development and implementation of an effective program cycle, highly effective risk management, managing a large budget, and reporting.
- Exceptional management and organisational skills including project and/or events management and financial management skills.
- Highly developed ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely.
- High level ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, government, corporate and the not-for-profit sectors.
- High level ability to work in a team environment and collaboratively with other teams across Reconciliation Australia.
- High level ability to design and deliver effective community engagement, research and development, and grants administration strategies.
We are committed to improving employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcome applications from all Australians, especially those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent as your cultural and lived experience is central to the work we do.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.
Salary and other details
The salary range for this role is $125,000 – $135,000 + superannuation, dependent on experience and qualifications, and is a fixed-term contract to 30 June 2023 with extension depending on funding.
How to apply
Email [email protected] your:
- Covering Letter addressing:
- the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description below;
- preferred location (Sydney or Canberra); and
- Quoting ref: Senior Manager – Truth Telling
- Completed RA Cover Sheet, see below.