This identified position leads community engagement within the Community Truth-telling Program by overseeing a clear community engagement strategy across the program.
Location: Sydney preferred (other locations negotiable)
Annual salary: $110,000 – $125,000 (inclusive of 17.5% leave loading) + superannuation.
Reconciliation Australia (RA) is an independent, national, not-for-profit organisation promoting and facilitating reconciliation by building relationships, respect and trust between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Reconciliation Australia is developing Community Truth telling Pathways (CTTP) that will advance a movement of truth-telling across Australia that is Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander led, place-based and strengths focused. It will provide a foundation of employing truth to advance justice and social and emotional wellbeing and ensure that the wrongs of the past are never repeated.
The CTTP aims to provide an understanding of the importance of learning about the shared histories and support the development of a nationwide culture of truth-telling by strengthening relationships between all Australians and supporting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This position leads the community engagement within the CTTP by overseeing a clear community engagement strategy across the CTTP program.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, CTTP, this person will manage the Senior Officer – Grants, CTTP and work collaboratively with the Manager – Research and Development, CTTP, RA Communications team and the RA Finance team to support delivery against the program objectives.
- Identify and be recognised in the community as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Deep understanding of healing and trauma-informed practice in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context.
- Understanding of and ability to work in a culturally safe way with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
- Experience mapping stakeholder networks and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, various levels of government and NGOs.
- Extensive experience designing and delivering effective community engagement and grants administration strategies.
- Strong management and organisational skills in complex programs, large budgets, implementation of an effective program cycle and/or events management.
- Experience in designing and running community workshops, learning/yarning circles, and high-level meeting facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing high performing teams and ability to collaborate with cross-function teams.
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems and prioritise work to defined timeframes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a range of audiences.
- Commitment and willingness to learn about and contribute to reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in developing cultural practice and healing frameworks in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.
Salary and other details
The salary range for this role is $110,000 – $125,000 (including 17.5% leave loading) + superannuation, dependent on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Email [email protected] your:
- Covering Letter addressing:
- the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description
- preferred location (Sydney or Canberra) and
- Quoting ref: CTTP
- Completed RA Cover Sheet.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13 November 2023