Reconciliation Australia is seeking an organised, creative, and enthusiastic team player to join our Communications and Engagement team.
- Sydney preferred
- $72,000 – $78,000 Inclusive of 17.5% leave loading, excluding superannuation
- Full-time plus flexible working
Reconciliation Australia is seeking an organised, creative, and enthusiastic team player to join our Communications and Engagement team at Reconciliation Australia. We are seeking candidates with organisational communications experience, and a commitment to advancing Reconciliation in Australia.
The successful candidate will have some skills across producing images, video, text, and other content for website, EDMs, social media, reports, publications, and media releases. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have a working understanding of how communications teams function within organisations.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Please access the full Position Description Below.
Should you require any further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Liz Willis, General Manager, Communications and Engagement – [email protected]
- A demonstrated understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and issues.
- Hold or display relevant training and understanding of applying image, video and general digital content production skills as part of an organisational communications team.
- Demonstrated applied experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other design / production software.
- Demonstrated experience with website content management platforms including WordPress.
- Understanding of principles of online content management including accessibility and useability principles.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and accurately to a broad range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, portraying organisational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment and willingness to learn about reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians.
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, national, not-for-profit organisation promoting and facilitating reconciliation by building relationships, respect and trust between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Salary and other details
The salary range for this role is $72,000 – $78,000 (Including 17.5% leave loading + Superannuation, dependent on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please download the Communications Officer Position Description.
Email [email protected] your:
- Covering Letter addressing:
- the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description (above);
- preferred location (Sydney or Canberra); and
- Quoting ref: Comms Officer
- Completed RA Cover Sheet.