Reconciliation Australia is expanding our Communications team
Entry level, mid-level and senior positions are available now in our hard-working and amazing Communications and Engagement team. The positions can be based in either Sydney or Canberra.
We’re interested in talking to people with varying levels and types of Comms experience, and with a good understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander issues and cultures, and the passion to work in our national not-for-profit organisation.
Some of the experience we are looking for across the positions include:
- Media liaison and management
- internal teams comms management
- Video and image content production
- Front line enquiries management
- Website content management
- CRM experience
- $50 – $70,000 per annum plus superannuation
- Full-time, fixed-term until 30 June 2022
- Sydney or Canberra
The Communications Officer provides support for the activities of the Communications and Engagement team and contributes to the daily work of the team. The position will work closely and cooperatively with all areas of Reconciliation Australia under the direct supervision of the Manager, Communications and Engagement.
Key Duties include
- Produce digital, video and image content as directed and/or as strategically required, to deadline, for RA channels such as website, social media, EDM, reports, media releases, etc.
- Contribute to website content development and management
- Efficiently and accurately respond to, or direct email and phone enquiries from stakeholders, media and the wider public
- Contribute to RA events management and delivery as required, including media and stakeholder engagement events
- Assist in the development and organisation of campaigns for events, displays and launches such as National Reconciliation Week and other RA events.
About Reconciliation Australia
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that promotes reconciliation between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Reconciliation Australia will provide you with a unique experience working in the not-for-profit sector and liaising closely with individuals, senior executives and working groups from a range of other sectors.
You will play a key role in working within the Communications and Engagement team, alongside other units within the organisation.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.
To apply for the Communications Officer position, please email:
- your CV
- a no longer than two-page cover letter outlining your experience and broadly addressing selection criteria
- a Reconciliation Australia Application Cover Sheet
Applications close Wednesday 23 June 2021 5pm
All enquiries are welcome. Please contact email@example.com or 0458 722 608 with any questions.