Reconciliation Australia is expanding our Communications team
Entry level, mid-level and senior positions are available now in our hard-working and amazing Communications and Engagement team. The positions can be based in either Sydney or Canberra.
We’re interested in talking to people with varying levels and types of Comms experience, and with a good understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander issues and cultures, and the passion to work in our national not-for-profit organisation.
Some of the experience we are looking for across the positions include:
- Media liaison and management
- internal teams comms management
- Video and image content production
- Front line enquiries management
- Website content management
- CRM experience
- $50 – $70,000 per annum plus superannuation
- Full-time, fixed-term until 30 June 2023
- Sydney or Canberra
The Communication Coordinator supports and contributes to the activities of the Communications and Engagement team. The position will work closely and cooperatively with all areas of Reconciliation Australia under the direct supervision of the Manager, Communications and Engagement.
Key Duties include
- Accurately respond to or identify appropriate points for referral for email and phone enquiries from stakeholders and the wider public in a timely manner.
- Provide highly effective and accurate administrative support, as required for the Communications and Engagement Team.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reporting as required.
- Contribute content to publications, EDMs, and website as directed
- Events and launches support and management, including but not limited to National Reconciliation Week, Awards, and Reconciliation Action Plan launches
About Reconciliation Australia
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that promotes reconciliation between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Reconciliation Australia will provide you with a unique experience working in the not-for-profit sector and liaising closely with individuals, senior executives and working groups from a range of other sectors.
You will play a key role in working within the Communications and Engagement team, alongside other units within the organisation.
Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.
To apply for the Senior Communications Officer position, please email:
- your CV
- a no longer than two-page cover letter outlining your experience and broadly addressing selection criteria
- a Reconciliation Australia Application Cover Sheet
Applications close Wednesday 23 June 2021 5pm
All enquiries are welcome. Please contact email@example.com or 0458 722 608 with any questions.